Many property owners in Taunton, MA, and the nearby areas probably don’t think about getting a sump pump — until they suddenly have to deal with a flooded basement after heavy rainfall. Stay proactive by investing in a sump pump to prevent costly water damage.
If you need your system installed, repaired, or maintained, you can leave the hard work to our experts at RCL Mechanical. We have the skills, experience, and tools necessary to service all of your sump pump needs.
Sewage backups are nasty problems that you can easily prevent with some foresight. Get in touch with our experts and learn about our backflow testing and repair services.
What Sump Pump System Should You Get?
Sump pump systems come in various shapes and forms. The most popular models include:
- Submersible sump pumps: Submersible pumps go inside a sump pit to stop the water level from rising any higher.
- Basement sump pumps: Basement sump pumps might have a submersible or pedestal design (the latter being easier to maintain), but they all serve the same purpose: to protect the most flood-prone part of your property.
- Sewage ejector pumps: Some properties need sewage ejector pumps to transfer wastewater into their septic system.
- Backup and battery-operated sump pumps: Backup pumps run on batteries to keep the system running even when the power goes out.
- Battery backup sump and ejector pumps: Many pump models are capable of meeting various needs, but they are generally more expensive.
If you don’t know which model to get, you can look to our sump pump experts for some professional insight.
Avoid Costly Damage With Regular Sump Pump Maintenance
We recommend performing simple sump pump maintenance every so often to prevent premature wear and tear on your system:
- Assess your sump float and sump pit: Pour a bit of water into your sump pit to test its functionality. It should automatically turn on and pump away the liquid in a few seconds.
- Do periodic cleaning: Disconnect your pump from its power source and discharge line. Then clean every accessible part by removing dirt, sediment, and debris.
- Check the pump valve: Check your sump valve for leaks and moisture on its seals and connections. Be sure to call us immediately if you notice problems.
While DIY sump pump maintenance is important, some forms of upkeep require an expert. At RCL Mechanical, we recommend yearly professional inspections to keep your system in top shape all year round.
Is your property suffering from poor water quality? Look to our experts for effective water filtration solutions in Taunton!
Timely Sump Pump Repairs and Replacements
If your sump pump fails to do its job, give us a call so that we can pinpoint the issue. We may advise a repair or replacement, depending on the age and condition of your unit. Whatever the problem, our team will always recommend the most cost-effective and lasting solution.