When your air conditioner suddenly stops producing cold air, the culprit might be a refrigerant leak. Refrigerant – or Freon – is an essential component of your AC that absorbs the warmth from your indoor air and transfers it outside.
If you suspect that your cooling system has a leak, you can depend upon our experts at RCL Mechanical. We provide timely AC refrigerant leak services in Taunton, MA, to restore the safety and comfort of your home or business.
How long has it been since your AC's evaporator coils had maintenance? Contact us about our evaporator coil services to learn more.
What Causes Freon Leaks?
While Freon leaks may have different origins, you should always take care of them quickly. The most common causes include:
- Incorrectly installed air conditioner
- Manufacturing defect
- Storm damage
- Pest damage
- Wear and tear from coil aging
Another widespread cause of Freon leaks is poor HVAC upkeep. We encourage you to take advantage of our scheduled maintenance plans. Let us provide seasonal checkups on your systems to stop any emerging problems before they develop into more serious ones. We will handle the heavy lifting so you can keep your heating and cooling system in excellent shape all year round.
Common Signs That You Need a Freon Repair
Even the most well-maintained air conditioner isn't immune to the occasional problem. Watch out for these warning signs of a Freon leak, and be sure to reach out to our experts the moment you notice them:
- Unexpectedly warmer indoor temperatures: Probably the most obvious symptom of an air conditioner refrigerant leak is unreliable cooling.
- Expensive utility bills: When your air conditioner runs low on refrigerant, it expends more energy to provide the same level of cooling. As a result, your power bills will rise.
- Frozen coils: When Freon levels circulating through your evaporator coils are insufficient, the system will be unable to absorb heat, resulting in the condensation on the coils becoming frozen.
- Odd smells: Most types of Freon emit a sweet-smelling odor that is similar to chloroform.
- Odd noises: Persistent whistling, hissing, or bubbling sounds can be a sign of a Freon leak.
When our team arrives to answer your emergency call, we will quickly locate the leak, fix it, and apply a Freon recharge to restore your property's cooling power. Our team has the skills and experience to service any brand, including Concord, York, Goodman, Rheem, Trane, and Carrier.
Does your indoor air feel stuffy and dirty? Your HVAC system might need a filter replacement.
Have Us Service Your Air Conditioner Today
Our reliable team at RCL Mechanical is here if you need a Freon replacement or any other HVAC-related service. Whatever problem you might have, please know that you can reach out to our 24/7 emergency team, who will arrive at your doorstep as soon as possible when you call us.