You might not think about your water heater very often, but it works behind the scenes to provide the hot water you need every day. And that means even a minor issue with your water heater can be a major inconvenience.
At RCL Mechanical, our highly trained and certified technicians offer comprehensive services for all your water heater needs. The residents of Taunton, MA, trust us for top-notch hot water heater repair, hot water tank installation, and maintenance services.
If you want to improve your home’s energy efficiency, consider a tankless water heater installation.
How To Troubleshoot Common Water Heater Problems
When you encounter difficulties with your water heater, there are a few ways to troubleshoot before you call in the experts.
Hot Water Runs Out Quickly or It’s Not Hot Enough
Check the thermostat setting and adjust it if necessary. Inspect the tank for leaks and tighten any connections. If you’re still facing the problem, your water heater may be too small for your hot water needs.
No Hot Water
Check the breaker to make sure you don’t have a blown circuit, and confirm that the thermostat is still working. If you have a gas water heater, ensure that the pilot light is lit. On an electric water heater, verify that the secondary safety switch is on.
If you still don’t have hot water, you may need to replace the burner on your gas water heater or the heating elements on your electric water heater.
Leaking Water Heater
Examine the water heater tank. If the tank has ruptured and you see water leaking, your best option is to replace the unit. If you don’t see water leaking from the tank, you may have a water supply line issue or other problem that requires a fix from a professional.
What Are the Different Types of Water Heaters?
Whether you want to install a new water heater or replace an existing one, RCL Mechanical can help you find the system best suited to your needs. Options include:
- Storage tank water heaters: store hot water in a tank. They can be either electric, gas, or solar-powered.
- Tankless water heaters: heat water directly without the use of a storage tank.
- Solar water heaters: use the sun’s heat to provide hot water.
- Heat pump water heaters: supply hot water by transferring heat from outside your home.
- Condensing water heaters: use exhaust gases from other natural gas appliances to heat water, saving energy.
- Commercial water heaters: come in a range of options to suit commercial needs.
Think you have a hidden water leak? Call us for professional water leak detection services.
Why Is Water Heater Maintenance Necessary?
Routine maintenance prolongs your water heater’s life. Additional reasons to hire a water heater maintenance company include:
- Increase unit efficiency
- Avoid plumbing emergencies
- Decrease the likelihood of premature water heater replacement
- Fewer repairs